Elseven, Aykut


+49 221 93295960

+49 221 932959669

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


Schlun & Elseven Rechtsanwälte

Kyffhäuserstraße 45

50674 Köln


Immigration Lawyers in Cologne, Aachen & Düsseldorf

The lawyers at Schlun & Elseven Rechtsanwälte specialise in immigration law and have built up many years of experience in this area. Advice and representation is not limited to our offices in Aachen, Cologne and Düsseldorf, but is available throughout all of Germany. You want to live and work in Germany? We will work with you to make this possible and offer comprehensive support in all areas needed to ensure your success.

Residence for work purposes

If you plan to pursue a profession in Germany, several types of residence permits will be available to you, depending on your qualification and income. You want to start a business in Germany? We will advise and represent you in all related matters.

EU Blue Card

To obtain an EU Blue Card, the first requirement is that you must have a German, or a comparable foreign, university degree. Further, you must show an employment contract or a binding job offer and a current gross income of at least 50,800 Euros per year. For workers in so-called shortage occupations, such as IT and communication technology professionals, engineers, mathematicians and doctors the minimum gross income is 39,624 Euros.

Settlement permit for highly qualified persons

If you are a highly qualified foreign citizen, it is possible under certain conditions to apply for a settlement permit. This is a type of permanent right of residence. In particular, highly qualified foreign citizens are scientists with specialised knowledge, teaching personnel, and researchers in leading positions.

Residence permit for managers and senior executives

Similar rules apply to managers and senior executives. If you meet the relevant requirements, it is possible to apply for a residence permit without having to undergo a so-called priority check by the Federal Labour Office.

We are happy to advise you with regard to which residence permit might be available to you and what you need to consider in making your application. If you need any further assistance in the area of employment immigration, our lawyers will support you every step of the way.

Visa procedure

Apart from asylum proceedings, it is possible to reside in Germany for a specific purpose. Our lawyers have years of experience with visa procedures and will support you in this area as well.

A distinction is made between visas for family purposes, for higher education purposes and for work purposes.

Residence for higher education purposes

A residence permit may be granted for the purpose of pursuing a university degree, so long as studying is the main purpose of your stay. If you do not yet have a place at a German university, you can also apply for a fixed-term residence permit for the purpose of finding a place. This requires that you have received a qualification entitling you to commence university studies, which may have to be obtained through an assessment test beforehand.

If you are planning to study at a German university, do not hesitate to contact us. We have comprehensive experience in this area and are happy to support your plans.

Residence permit for the purpose of seeking work

If you have a German or foreign and comparable university degree and can show that you are able to financially support yourself, you can apply for a fixed-term, 6 month, residence permit for the purpose of seeking work that accords with your qualifications. If you are already in Germany, however, this only applies if you were in possession of a residence permit for higher education or work purposes immediately before your application.

If you need legal advice on applying for such a visa, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are looking forward to helping you.